Saturday, April 20, 2013

Plans in a Man's Heart

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. (Proverbs 16:9 KJV)

I've always been a planner and a dreamer, but when I first began to dare to submit to God He showed me that He was a better planner of my life than I could ever be.

Does that mean that I have stopped planning? Certainly not! But now I see more clearly that my plans are a mere drop of water compared to the oceans of His love for me. I am happy to devise plans in my heart, share them with Him and then listen and wait for the Holy Spirit to take control.

If we speak to Him and listen to Him and obey Him with each and every step soon enough our desires will become His desires and we will be marching down the path of promise He wrote for us before the beginning of time.

This promised land is greater than any place we could have ever dreamed of on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/