Friday, May 25, 2012

Scary Prayers

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if  there is any  wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24


Prayers like this psalm have always scared me in the past. Why would I ask God to do that?! Isn't that just inviting trouble?


It is funny to me now that I felt that way; as if God doesn't already know everything already. Of course He does! Having a relationship with God means that we don't have to be afraid to be honest with Him. Being vulnerable to God opens us up to His healing and working in our lives. Let go of "control" and receive His blessings. 


Thank you God for encouraging us to be open to you. Thank you for your comforting correction. We can trust you to shine a light on our shortcomings so that we can see how much You love us and want to heal the brokenness of our lives.


In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/