Monday, May 14, 2012

A Light to the Nations

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go; therefore and; make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am; with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.

Many of us think too small.

Jesus told us to disciple nations. Doesn't that sound so wild? Do I have something that entire nations want to hear? Am I that important? Isn't it arrogant to aim so high when changing just one life is a miracle in and of itself?

No it is not.

Let's remember that when we share God's love with another person to keep that perspective in mind. Whether or not you get to speak before nations or the person you are speaking to becomes the president of the United States one day the importance of our words is the same.

Let's ask God to give us the words and actions that He wants to use to share His love and be careful to do just what He asks us to do. You never know who is watching that God wants to bless.

God please guide my steps and the words from my mouth. Please help me to reflect the light of your love every single day so that those who meet me have the opportunity to encounter you through me. I'm not perfect but I thank You that I don't have to be. Please help me to be better each and every day.

In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/