Tuesday, January 31, 2012

21 Days of Listening Day 7: Peacemakers

This Week's Reading: Matthew Ch 5


During my quiet time when I woke up I heard nothing, absolutely nothing at all.

So, I got up and got ready for this convention that I am going to pray at today and then headed down to get a quick bite to eat.

So here I am now waiting for my three egg omelet and I hear the Holy Spirit tell me to go to Matthew 5. So I go and start reading, waiting for the spark that I've grown accustomed to when God wants to show me something.

And it came when I read this:

Matthew 5:9 NKJV
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

This is a verse that I have read many many times. I've always seen it as pretty straight forward.

Today I FELT the verse for the first time.

I still feel it as I am typing. I feel how much it grieves God to see us in so much conflict.

All over the world wars are being waged. Some of these wars are physical involving guns and rape and death. Others are in our homes using equally damaging psychological weapons. All of them affect our spirits... the true battlefield from where all conflict originates.

So why are peacemakers so important? True peacemakers not only stop physical wars but they also minister to our spirits. They appeal to the highest aspirations of the human experience.

Peacemakers challenge us to be Christlike and show us the path to reach that destination.
Please pray for the peacemakers in your life and ask God in your quiet time how you can be one of his peace makers.

How can we build instead of destroy?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize there is a Book of Wars of the Lord? Numbers 21:14 references it, "That is why the Book of the Wars of the LORD says: "...Waheb in Suphah and the ravines, the Arnon". I found that interesting.

    To answer your question, I read this today also, "People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." I'd say people are in war for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/