Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Quality Time with the Big Guy

Mark 1:35 NKJV
Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.


It is great to see the practical things of Jesus ministry. In the past I used to just skim over verses like this, but for a while now I have wondered what Jesus' life was like. How did he restore himself while constantly serving others? Yes, He was God on earth but He was also fully human.


Knowing that He woke up early and went to a place of solitude to pray tells me how important His quality time with the Father must have been to Him. And if it was so important to Jesus that He woke up early to make sure it happened then how important is it for us?


God I thank you for always being here to spend quality time with me. Thank you for always being here to listen to me and speak to me. Help me to hear you better and grow in my courage to walk in complete obedience with what you tell me.


In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/