Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Prayer Challenge



Raise your hand if you have ever heard someone say that they talk to God. Raise your other hand if you ever thought that they were crazy?

I see you over there with both hands raised.

I used to be the same way. I couldn’t grasp how that was possible. Why would some big far away God be bothered with the day to day world of little old me?


But then I tried it and little by little I started to hear as well. At first it was a whisper, a suggestion that I used to think was my subconscious. But when I started reading the Bible I realized that those thoughts I had were concepts that were straight out of the Bible; concepts that I had never “learned” before.

Intrigued, I started to listen to the little whisper more and more and in time it became much louder to the point where now I can’t imagine how I navigated through life without it before.

As we embark on this journey through this year of freedom I’ll also share how I pray, what I am praying for and the ways I am trying to grow in my conversations with God.

Let’s do it together!

I bet that by the end of the year we will in a place that we NEVER could have imagined. And I look forward to you all teaching me some things along the way as well.


The First Challenge: I dare you to pray for 5 minutes a day, every day for the next 10 days. This is 5 minutes of undivided attention, not praying while driving, watching TV, or chillin’ with your friends. Say whatever you want or even say nothing at all! But give 5 minutes of time to God.

Let’s see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/