Friday, January 6, 2012

5 Minutes of Prayer: Day 1 The Promised Land


OK...

So I prayed for 5 minutes this morning on the train and this is what happened. Recently a friend suggested that I read Exodus and Revelation to search for a connection there. So I've been reading Exodus. During my prayer time I was reminded of all of the abuses of Pharaoh against the children of Israel and how when they got their freedom and were in the wilderness they cried out to RETURN to that slavery rather than face the fear of the unknown.

Then God showed me
my life and the times that I have sought out the shelter of known slavery rather than walking faithfully into the unknown. It was quite frightening actually, to see how many God given opportunities I have walked away from.

I have a few projects that are 75% done and I see now that it is fear that has prevented me from finishing the race. Will these projects give me freedom in the ways that I imagine? I have no idea. But just facing them faithfully will be walking in freedom in and of itself.

Like the Israelites... the time that we spend in the bondage of slavery or the limbo of the wilderness is determined by our courage to walk boldly into the Promised Land and claim our inheritance. We should, like Joshua and Caleb, walk boldly, knowing that God is with us.


 20 The LORD replied, “I have forgiven them, as you asked. 21 Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, 22 not one of those who saw my glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times— 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. 24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it. 25 Since the Amalekites and the Canaanites are living in the valleys, turn back tomorrow and set out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea.[a]” – Numbers 14:20-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/