Monday, June 28, 2010

From One Doubting Thomas to Another



And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” Excerpt from John 20: 24-29

Today’s Reading: Ezra 3-5; John 20


What up Thomas,


Ok... some jokers might look at this scripture and say the following:


“I can’t believe that he was so hard headed as to not believe what the others said. If the homies saw Jesus then why wouldn’t Thomas believe? He should step his faith game up.”


And to them I say shut your traps.


I’m gonna keep it really real in the field right now. I wouldn’t have believed either. Let one of the homies come to me telling me some hogwash like that. I’d laugh him out of my presence with the quickness. There is nothing about Jesus rising from the dead that makes any kind of sense at all.


I’m not saying that you were right for not believing… I’m just saying that I understand.


It took a lot for me to believe too… and in my own way I had to see to believe. I stubbornly went about life the way that I saw fit and things didn’t move like I wanted them too. It was only when I started to take some chances, and started to obey some of the things that I thought God was telling me to do that I actually started believing.


And I started believing because I saw God come through like a champ.


Ok fine, I didn’t “see” like you saw… but God did have to make things pretty crystal clear for me to get the picture.


So, I won’t let anybody talk bad about you man. I got your back.


I do know one thing for sure… it is pretty cool that if folks are hard headed like you and me, God will actually go through the effort of showing himself so that we can believe.


That’s quite nice of him.


Your brother from another mother,


C3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/