Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Great Challenge


Thus Hezekiah did throughout all Judah, and he did what was good and right and true before the LORD his God. And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered. 2 Chronicles 31: 20-21

Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 30-31; John 18: 1-18


So I was chillin the other day in a flu induced stupor and I started thinking about some things. There’s nothing like the flu to get you to start thinking about life.


I’m one of those people that stays running around in entirely too many directions. I try my best to meditate, focus and all of that good stuff; but sometimes I lose track of what is important while chasing the urgent things in life.


The flu sure fixed me man…


On Monday I was trying to push myself through work while shivering from fever induced chills and I started thinking… man, this ain’t right.


So I stopped, chilled for a minute, and then that little voice spoke to me.


Not the one that tries to lead you astray but the ones that tries to get you to do the things that you have always wanted to do but were too scared to try.


Well yeah, we actually had a bit of a conversation. It went something like this.


Little Voice (LV): What up homie.


Me: Sigh… you again huh… You always come around when I’m laid out.


LV: I been here fool… you’re the one who chooses not to listen.


Me: Touche… what’s good?


LV: When are you going to do what I say?


Me: *crickets*


LV: I have a challenge for you… why don’t you try to do what I say without question for the next month or two and see what happens.


Me: That again huh?


LV: You’re hard headed… you should have been listening.


Me: Touche again… I’ll shut up now.


So yeah. That’s what I’m gonna do. The first time I did this I ended up reading the Bible from cover to cover. The last time I did this I started this blog. Who knows what this next time will bring… but one this is for certain… gotta live life to the fullest.


Life is about stepping out on faith... challenging ourselves to follow that little voice inside that whispers our dreams.


So… let’s get it!


Stay tuned for periodic updates. I’ll be sure to share the miracles when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/