Saturday, January 2, 2010

It Wasn't Me



The fall of Adam is kinda funny…

Okay… I guess it’s not funny from the whole fall of man perspective. But after we get past the obviousness of that I can’t help but to laugh at dude. Here’s what I’m talking about:

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?" The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." - Genesis 3: 8-12


How lame is that? “the woman you put here with me”…. Really dude?

Step your game up.

Come on Adam. You can do better than that. It’s funny how he clearly was guilty but he tried to take zero percent of the blame. At least in the story the serpent had to reason with Eve and convince her to take a bite. Adam on the other hand, ate what was put in his face.

We gotta be better than that.

What he did wasn’t much better than the Shaggy doctrine: It Wasn't ME!



Equally insulting to God but at least he wouldn’t have directly dimed out his boo. Nobody likes a snitch.

Nobody.

Adam… that wasn’t a good start homie…made us all look bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/