Thursday, May 2, 2013

His Whisper

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10 NKJV)

I used to struggle with this phrase "The Fear of The Lord". Doesn't He love us? Why are we supposed to fear a God who loves us?

Then about a year ago a massive wind story swept into Pasadena. The winds reached a hundred miles per hour. I went out in the middle of the night to check on our car parked on the street and was amazed at the awesome power swirling around me. Trees had been blown down on cars. Branches filled the streets. The wind was both terrifying and beautiful.

It was in the midst of that wind that I learned about the fear of The Lord. I was surrounded by so much raw power and destruction yet I was in no danger. And I knew that this was a mere whisper compared to what The Lord can do at any moment.

The fear of The Lord is about recognizing and honoring God for all of who He is. He is love and truth and He is also all powerful in ways we cannot begin to understand. I thank God every day for this lesson, for giving me a glimpse of the power of His whisper. And I am happy to be on His team!

May His winds fill your sails and know that God loves you with ALL of His power and might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/