Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pressing Forward with our Eyes on the Prize


Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:12-14


This theme of moving forward keeps coming up for me, that we must let go of former things, former ways of being, former identities and all other things that are not rooted in God. It is He who knows what is best for us. All good and perfect things come from Him. 

So how then do we move forward in this manner? It is in resting in His love, receiving His grace and letting His joy and peace fill our hearts with gladness. From this position of open thankfulness we can then rest assured knowing that He is in control of all things. We can rest in a confident obedience knowing full well that the things He instructs us to do will lead us down a path of abundant grace far beyond anything we could cook up for ourselves. 

Let's press forward toward that light of Christ so that we in turn can be beacons that beckon others toward His safe shores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/