Monday, July 30, 2012

True Life

And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as  being  from ourselves, but our sufficiency  is  from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. -2 Corinthians 3:4-6 NKJV


I'm so glad I don't have to be perfect. I mean really, who has ever been perfect anyway?


Yes yes, besides Jesus.


What I love about the Christian walk is that the foundation of it is God's desire to love us and meet us right where we are in our imperfection.


God knows that we will fall short. He just wants us to seek Him and to love Him. And when we do He helps us to be the best we can be.


It took me a long time to finally realize that I could finally stop trying to be who I thought God wanted me to be. All I have to be is who He already created me to be. One who loves Him.


I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/