Monday, October 24, 2011

It Doesn't Cost Anything




He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last. I am the Beginning and the End. Anyone who is thirsty may drink from the spring of the water of life. It doesn't cost anything! Anyone who overcomes will receive all this from me. I will be his God, and he will be my child. - Revelation 21:6-7


Today’s Reading: Zechariah 13-14; Revelation 21

Dear God,

This whole chapter of revelation really struck me hard but this verse hit me the hardest; especially this sentence: “It doesn’t cost anything!”

When I read it, it immediately struck me as true.
My spirit knew it was true but my mind hadn’t caught up yet so I posted the verse in our group.  Immediately our friend Paula was struck by the same sentence as I was. It was only in seeing her response that I realized the truth behind these words.

It's only when one gets to the other side of the journey of faith that we realize that the "cost" was really a burden all along.

What I mean is that of course we are called to give up many things when we come to you. This is the pruning that you have taught us about. So how can we say that there is no cost when so much must be shed to walk correctly? Well I see now that all of those things that are shed; things, relationships, memories, all of these things were burdens in the first place. Shedding them actually is a benefit, it is not a cost. Without them we are truly free to move as the Holy Spirit guides us. We can live lives unfettered by the trappings of the mind and body but rather can move in complete obedience.

When I started this journey through the Bible with you I definitely didn’t think I’d end up here; but here I am. I have no idea where I’m going but time will tell.

Thank you for being here with me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/