Monday, October 3, 2011

God Sized Goals


Then Haggai, the LORD’s messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: “I am with you,” declares the LORD. So the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of the whole remnant of the people. They came and began to work on the house of the LORD Almighty, their God, on the twenty-fourth day of the sixth month. – Haggai 1: 13-15


Today’s Reading: Haggai 1-2; Revelation 17


Have you ever felt that God was telling you to do something so big that it seemed impossible? I know that I have.


For me the first thought is always fear and then doubt. Of course fear doesn’t come from God but I’m just being honest here. I’ve thought man, how am I going to do that? I don’t have enough money. I don’t have the knowledge or the skills. I’m not trained for this or equal to the task. What am I going to do? Was that even God?

Sad, I know. It’s easy to get discouraged when we are staring something big in the face that seems impossible to tackle.

I bet that is how the folks in Haggai’s time felt when God commanded them to rebuild the temple. Not only was it in ruins but it was a huge task! What would it look like to their rulers to build a temple to God? Where would the resources come from when they had been starving for so long? There was no way that they could do it on their own.

But that’s why God came and said that He was with them. He then stirred the hearts and spirits of the leaders and all of the people and gave them what they needed to complete the task.

I believe that God still does this today. God puts huge goals on our hearts to accomplish. I call these “God Sized Goals”. These are the goals that are so big that they are literally impossible when you look at doing them in your own strength. The awesome thing about God is that He never tells us to do anything without also offering His help to get it done.

Don’t be afraid of the big dreams that you have. If God put them on your heart then He will stir up everything that you need to get them done.

All we have to do is take it one step at a time and trust that God will open the doors that we need to walk through to get to the finish line.


QUESTION! What are some God Sized Goals that God has put on your heart to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/