Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Ancient Paths



This is what the LORD says:
   “Stand at the crossroads and look;
   ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
   and you will find rest for your souls.
   But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ – Jeremiah 6:16


Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 6-8; 1Timothy 5


Sometimes it is hard to see where you are going. In the famous Psalm 23 David talks about walking in the valley of the shadow of death. But then he said that he will fear no evil because God is with him.


I know that the times where I have felt the most fear are the same times where I have forgotten that God was with me. Sometimes it was because I had purposefully turned away figuring that doing it my own way was the best way. Other times it was because I was so afraid of a given circumstance that I had lost my faith. Instead I thought it best to try to figure it out on my own.

But in the end the best way is to seek God, to stand at the crossroads and look, ask for the ancient paths. God is the author of these ancient paths. Everything that will be has already been done. So even if you cannot see what lies ahead of you there are others who have taken similar steps led by the same Eternal Guide.

Listen to Him and follow him with each and every step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/