Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wait... I've Gotta do What?





Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24


Today’s Reading: Isaiah 37-38; Colossians 3


I’ve never liked this one but finally I’m starting to understand its value.


The work that we do today prepares us for the work that we must do tomorrow. If we cannot be diligent in our work when we only have part of the responsibility then how will we do when all of the weight is on our shoulders?

I’ve definitely learned this over the past several years. Sometimes I have wondered, why am I doing this job? I want to learn this or that. Or I’d rather be doing this or that task. But the interesting thing that I finally realized is that there were life lessons that I still needed to learn. It was those very things that frustrated me about the job, the very things I would have been running from, that have finally taught me what I needed to learn to be successful on my own.

Sometimes we are in a certain circumstance because there is a lesson to be learned. When we approach that task or job as if we are doing it for God then we will put forth the energy necessary to not only complete the task, but also to learn the lessons that we need to learn in that season of our lives.

We might as well do the work to learn all that we can in our current situation so that we don’t have to learn it all over again in the past. I’m willing to bet that once you have gotten all that you need to get out of your current situation, God will open doors to move you on to the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/