Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finding Peace



Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18




I was really frustrated at work the other day. It seemed like everyone wanted to work my last nerve. Folks were making unrealistic demands of my time, trying to force me to approve things that should not be approved; and when I resisted, went over my head to my bosses.

Just another day at the job I suppose.

I was lamenting about it all to my friend and she asked me “have you prayed about it yet?”


Nope…

So I decided to take my lunch break at the 24 Hour Fitness in my building. I brought my headphones and listened to uplifting music as I did my personal capoeira training. (There is something about praying while moving that is particularly healing for me; especially after sitting in an office chair for five hours.)

Taking time out to pray gives us the opportunity to step outside of our daily lives and give time to ourselves. We can then have the space to remember all that we are thankful for and rejoice that we have received so many blessings.

I was able to do this today but I wouldn’t have done it alone. It took the loving suggestion from a friend at the right time to remind me of what is important.

Take some time out for yourself today and spend it with God and your thoughts. I’m certain that it will grant you peace and give you clarity and joy that you didn’t think was possible. 

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/