Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Champ is Here



The LORD will march out like a champion,
   like a warrior he will stir up his zeal;
with a shout he will raise the battle cry
   and will triumph over his enemies.- Isaiah 42:13



When I read passages like this one my mind starts to wander into fantastic territory. I imagine being stuck in a Lord of the Rings type of setting. I’m surrounded by all kinds of fiendish figures and here comes my very own savior to rescue me from the dangers of darkness.


But instead of him being extra white with longish brown or blonde hair like Hollywood would have you believe, it’s typically a black dude of some sort. He might be a Morgan Freeman type of figure or he might be a younger dude with locks or a fro like me. Then we join forces and kick all kinds of major booty without breaking a sweat. God is throwing ninja stars and wielding a bow staff and I have nunchucks, doing my best Michelangelo impression from my childhood (sidenote the best Halloween costume I ever had was when I was I think eight years old. I was a ninja and nunchucks were my weapon of choice.).

But really the truth of the matter is that this is really true. Ok maybe not Rasta Jesus with Bo skills but it is true that God is walking with us every single day. He is our champion. He is willing to jump in and fight for us when we call on him for help and trust that He will deliver.

It’s the trusting part that’s the key. When we ask for help we get it. He’s just waiting on our call. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/