Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meditation Week!





Hey what up folks! 

Not too long ago I sent y'all some notes on meditation. Since then I've been feeling a need to fast for a bit, a sort of a spiritual recharge and search for clarity. So that's what I'm going to do this week. 

Of course because I'm a rather extreme person this means it will also include a fast. The last time I did this i did the master cleanse and abstained from TV and the internet. That was pretty crazy but it definitely yielded great results, this blog being one of them.

This time it won't be as extreme from a dietary perspective, but it will be a focused week of meditation and time with God. And of course I will write about it on the blog, so stay tuned and check in with me! 

If any of you feel so inspired to get down with me on this fast/meditation week I can use all the moral support I can get! You don't have to do what I'm doing. Maybe there is something that you want to give up for a week. Or maybe there is something you have wanted to do but haven't done: exercise everyday, pray everyday, call a family member every day. I'm sure there is something you can think of, even for just a day or two. 


THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT! (for me): 
No TV
No Internet (yikes)
Meditate everydayYeast Free Diet. 

Hopefully I'll make it. 

Why the yeast free diet you might be wondering? Well, because it is super healthy and I need a physical cleansing as well. And because I do not feel inspired to do the master cleanse this time around.. I tried the yeast free thing before and couldn't hack it. Let's see what happens this time. 

In general I will spend the time I would usually spend on the internet (Netflix) and TV in meditation. Readings books are ok. I will also tweet the ideas that don't make it to the blog at http://twitter.com/aconvowithgod


So please wish me luck, pray for me, flip a coin or whatever it is you do. Also feel free to share with us your thoughts and ideas here at the blog!

I'll be in touch. 

Clarence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/