Friday, April 2, 2010

Choice vs. Destiny Part 2: A Letter to Sampson



Then she said to him, "How can you say, 'I love you,' when you won't confide in me? This is the third time you have made a fool of me and haven't told me the secret of your great strength." With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was tired to death. – Judges 16:15-16

Sampson…

Ok, here’s the thing. I kinda want to feel bad for you. But man, she showed you three times already what she’s all about. And it’s clear that she isn’t all about you.

She was shady dude...

Well at least she wasn’t as cheap as Judas. He sold out for only thirty pieces of silver. Delilah got way more out of the deal; but still, this never should have happened. Were there no attractive women from Israel?

I guess that just wasn’t your thing.

But all of that doesn’t really matter does it? In the end you still redeemed Israel. You brought down the Philistine temple with your bare hands! That was quite the gangsta move. It makes me think though… was it all worth it? Was getting down with the enemy worth the price of your eyes?

It doesn’t seem like it.

I don’t know man. I’m just really bothered by the whole thing. I guess what I’m stuck on is this whole purpose versus choice thing. You were born with the purpose of delivering Israel from Palestine and you did it. You did it even though you were destroyed by the weakness your own choices.

I’ve done that too. I have waited until rock bottom to come crying to God too so I really can’t judge. Thankfully He has come to the rescue. But I’m gonna learn from you. No more of that mess. It’s not the business.

Plus, I don’t have that same flare for theatrics that you have.

Hope all is well.

C

Today’s Reading: Judges 16-18; Luke 7:1-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
A Convo With God by Clarence Mitchell III is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at AConvoWithGod.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://AConvoWithGod.com/